{text-indent: 12px;}

December 16, 2016

Live Long and Prosper

I just finished reading the book Proof of Heaven by Dr. Eben Alexander. And now I have started reading The Map of Heaven by the same author. Very deep and very good. I recommend them both. The only thing I would ask is just try not to be critical because Dr. Alexander doesn't have the "Near Death Experience," that some think he should have had or what some people believe is a "traditional" NDE. I believe that God is Omnipotent, Omnipresent, the Creator, El Shaddai, Yeshus, among many other names. I also believe that He meets us where we are. He creates a journey custom made for each and every person. Seems like a big task I know, but I believe his love for all of us is great and powerful and mighty. That we have no clue how much we are loved.

I also just watched a new documentary on Netflix called For the Love of Spock. I don't want to spoil it, but I learned this, in his autobiography I Am Not Spock, Leonard Nimoy wrote that he based the Vulcan salute on the Priestly Blessing performed by Jewish Kohanim with both hands, thumb to thumb in this same position, representing the Hebrew letter Shin (ש), which has three upward strokes similar to the position of the thumb and fingers in the salute.

The letter Shin here stands for El Shaddai, meaning "Almighty (God)", as well as for Shekinah and Shalom. Nimoy wrote that when he was a child, his grandfather took him to an Orthodox synagogue, where he saw the blessing performed and was impressed by it. Not much of a Star Trek fan (please don't stop reading my blog) I have become entranced by the old series. I just thought, what the heck, I will watch. Now I am hooked. Where have I been all my life? Anyway, that's about all I have for today. just wanted to throw some thoughts down and wish everyone a happy Friday. Live long and prosper.

No comments: